Waverley has launched a new division to handle increased demand for exterior shading and shelters as the UK seeks to harness the economic, social and environmental benefits of usable outdoor space.
The Surrey-based family firm has 42 years’ experience supplying blinds, curtains and acoustic shading to thousands of the UK’s office blocks, schools, hotels, luxury homes and a host of other buildings.
Daniel James, Managing Director of Waverley, says “We have built a strong reputation around our internal shading solutions. This new division reflects an increased emphasis on outdoor living and the climate emergency. It is born out of our clients’ future needs as we develop our expertise and product offering in the exterior shading and shelter industry.”
Several factors have contributed to an upturn in demand for exterior shading and shelter:
- The Covid-19 pandemic resulted in people spending more time at home and highlighted the need for usable outdoor space
- The pandemic drove the hospitality sector to innovate in terms of outdoor eating and drinking; both customers and businesses see this as a long-term trend
- Offices which create attractive work environments have noted greater productivity and employee satisfaction
- With the increased importance placed on mental wellbeing, many people have taken to spending more time in the fresh air for both work and leisure activities
- Rising temperatures create greater risk of buildings overheating. As a result, organisations within the UK and across Europe are calling for more dynamic external shading.
Waverley Exteriors offers bespoke exterior shading and shelter for commercial, educational, hospitality and leisure, public sector and prime residential buildings. It incorporates the company’s existing canopies business, which has mainly served the educational sector, and brings in a host of new product offerings such as bioclimatic pergolas, garden rooms, awnings, sail shades and bike shelters.
As well as its own well-respected ShadeTech blinds and WeatherSpan canopies, Waverley works in partnership with market-leading manufacturers of exterior shelters such as Weinor, Guilio Barbieri and Liberta. These trusted suppliers ensure Waverley can offer clients the perfect exterior solution for any outdoor area.
Frazer James, Waverley Sales Director says “With our expertise and excellent supply chain, we are perfectly placed to meet the demand for better all-round shading and shelter. Waverley Exteriors sets us up for the future and ensures clarity across the entire Waverley brand portfolio.”
Family owned and managed, Waverley is committed to remaining independent and continuing to develop a strong, ethical business that cares about customers, its team, and the environment. For further information on Waverley’s exterior services, visit www.exteriors.waverley.co.uk
For PR and media enquiries, email [email protected]