Firm gears up for increased demand for buildings that boost productivity and tackle impact of climate change
Waverley is investing over £700,000 this year to enhance the shading, screening and acoustics solutions provided to architects, specifiers and contractors in the South East and for major projects across the UK.
Its latest move sees a doubling of production capacity for commercial blinds and curtain tracks as it moves to a larger site on the Bilton Way industrial estate in Luton.
The investments include:
- Expansion of its UK production capacity for blinds and curtains to mitigate the impact of Brexit and shorten lead times
- Integration of technological advances to help architects design buildings which boost productivity and tackle the impact of climate change
- Enhancement of its product offering via its new Exteriors division and the addition of an acoustic glazed partitioning range
Daniel James, Managing Director of Waverley, says:
“Waverley is confident about investing for growth as demand for our core expertise in blinds, curtains and decorative screens will only increase. Protecting users from heat, glare and noise is vital if buildings are to mitigate against the effects of climate change and enhance occupant productivity and wellbeing.”
In 2022, the company has:
- Semi-automated production to triple capacity at its curtain workroom facility
- Acquired SioSystems, a specialist company which designs, manufactures, and installs high-end acoustic glazed partitioning to create acoustically enhanced working environments
- Launched Waverley Exteriors and expanded its range to reflect an increased emphasis on outdoor living and the climate emergency
- Recruited six marketing, sales and customer service professionals for its Head Office operation in Farnham, Surrey
The new 14,400 sq ft manufacturing facility in Luton opened in October 2022, enabling Waverley to double its capacity and respond to increasing demand for high volume production of blinds and curtain tracks as the company wins more major projects.
For further information on Waverley’s shading, screening and acoustic solutions contact [email protected]
For further information on Waverley Exteriors, visit exteriors.waverley.co.uk
For further information on SioSystems, visit siosystems.com